Friday, May 19

Give the Dandelions a Break

I love dandelions.  I don't care if they clog up the lawn. Once you mow a few times they stop blooming. Mind you, my lawn isn't really true grass, so if yours if, you might be more selective. As proof of my love of dandelions and to explain why I love this quaint, prolific plant, I have these pictures to share.



You fight dandelions all weekend, and late Monday afternoon there they are, pert as all get out, in full and gorgeous bloom, pretty as can be, thriving as only dandelions can in the face of adversity. ~Hal Borland



If dandelions were hard to grow, they would be most welcome on any lawn. ~Andrew V. Mason


Every child is born a naturalist. His eyes are, by nature, open to the glories of the stars, the beauty of the flowers, and the mystery of life.  ~R. Search



Weeds are flowers too, once you get to know them. ~ A. A. Milne,  Eeyore from Winnie the Pooh

~Brenda

Rose Are Tough, and So Are We

I believe in process. I believe in four seasons. I believe that winter's tough, but spring's coming. I believe that there&#...